Frankincense has long and deeply spiritual history. It has been used for quite literally thousands of years. In the West it is often best known as one the three gifts given to Jesus by the visiting Magi, or wise men.
Also known as Olibanum, Frankincense literally means fine incense (derived from the Old French word ‘Franc’ meaning high quality or fine, and the Old French word Encens). At Fushi we source Frankincense Oil organically at source, from the Boswellia tree resin. These trees are native in Somalia and flourish in tough arid conditions which is perhaps where Frankincense derives its warmth and potency.
Frankincense oil is used as an incense oil, and is naturally astringent. This, combined with its deep and pleasant aroma, means it can be used as a massage and bath oil, skin cleanser, and even as a household cleaner.
Did you know our amazing quality organic essential oils have been individually sourced from around the world from the most reputable regions. Our herbal growers follow our strict ethical policy and use sustainable farming methods.
- Baths: Blend 5-8 drops in a teaspoon of carrier oil, add to bath.
- Massages: Add 2-3 drops of essential oils to 3 tablespoons of carrier oil.
- Vaporisation: Add 2-4 drops of essential oils as well as a few tablespoons of water to your oil burner.
- Keep products away from delicate eye area
- Keep away from children.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Never use an undiluted essential oil directly on the skin. Always dilute in a suitable base product.
- If you are pregnant seek medical advice before using any essential oils.